MASSAGE THERAPY POLICIES / AGREEMENT
It is our intention to provide professional and therapeutic massage to help you reach your health and wellness goals. We do understand that unanticipated events occur in everyone’s life. In consideration of your time and our massage therapist, I have adopted the following policies for first-time and regular massage clients of Area’s Healing LLC,:
– Please arrive 5-10 minutes before your scheduled time (15 minutes prior for first-time clients). This provides time to determine the best session plan for you at each visit, while allowing for an unhurried experience.
LATE ARRIVAL POLICY
– If you are late, you will have the time remaining in your scheduled appointment for your massage, extension may not be possible. You will be charged the full price of your scheduled session.
– If you are going to be more than 15 minutes late, please call Valkyrie Harrison at 406-544-6020.
– We appreciate 24 hours notice for any changes to your scheduled appointment. A 50% charge** will be applied for cancellations without 24 hours notice. If you need to cancel/reschedule, please call Valkyrie Harrison at 406-544-6020.
NO SHOW POLICY
– Clients who fail to show for a scheduled appointment will be charged 80% of the cost** of the scheduled session. If a client fails to provide adequate notice multiple times (2 or more), he/she may be asked to pre-pay for future services. It is important that our massage therapist be compensated for reserved time slots.
** Fees not applicable to first time massage clients
OTHER MASSAGE POLICIES
– There are no age restrictions; however, clients under 18 must have a guardian present.
– It is customary to make sure you come to our sessions clean and ready for relaxation prior to your session.
– Tipping is appreciated, but not expected or required. Tips are given directly to the therapist rather than processed by the front desk.
– The Treatment plan will be discussed with you prior to your scheduled session. During your first visit with us you will receive a copy of the massage therapy policies and will be asked to sign the consent statement that you have read, understand and agree to comply with the professional massage therapy policies and procedures.
– Clients who we have not seen for at least a year also will be asked to fill out this form again.
SCOPE OF PRACTICE
– Valkyrie Harrison is a licensed professionals and held to the highest standards of the American Massage Therapy Association / Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals.
– Massage Therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply adjunctive therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client.
– Massage Therapists do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions nor are they allowed to provide treatment for a specific condition without a doctor’s supervision. The massage therapist is required to refer you for diagnosis and to follow recommendations of your physician.
RESPECT FOR CLIENT NEEDS AND BOUNDARIES
– Valkyrie Harrison is happy to adjust pressure, temperature, music volume, work longer on an area or move on if you request it.
– The client may choose to: leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any massage methods, stop massage at any time and is free to leave; the therapy door is never locked.
– The client will always be draped. Only the area(s) being worked on will be undraped. The clients will be kept informed of the area to be massaged.
– Low back, hip and gluteal area can be worked through the draping, rather than undraped, if requested. Any area can be avoided, if requested.
– Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate. Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation and reported to the proper authorities under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures. The client will not be rescheduled if this occurs.
– On rare occasions, an involuntary sensual response to massage is natural and will subside on its own.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONVERSATION
– We treat all client visits and conditions as confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
EXISTING AND NEW MEDICAL CONDITIONS
– It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that massage therapy sessions may be continued.
– The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.